Finding love and friendship in one person is fortunate. If you have someone, don’t lose them and express your love using quotes about love and friendship.
Best Quotes about Love and Friendship to Express Your Love
People always try to compare friendship and love. They try to weigh the importance of friendship vs love. But what they forget is that there is love in friendship and there is friendship in love.
And at times, it is challenging to express either of them.
It is very hard to find love and friendship in one person.
If you have true friends, love them and care for them. Because a friend is someone who will stay with you without any expectations, who knows everything about you and still accepts you as it is, who knows you are imperfect but never lets you feel awkward about it.
And when your true friend turns out to be someone with whom you are ready to spend your entire life, you have found a jackpot. Don’t miss to express your feelings using quotes about love and friendship.
One is fortunate if he/she can find his/her soulmate in the form of a best friend. If you have someone like this in your life, so stop overthinking, as overthinking is not the solution. Rather let them know how much you love them and how much you care about them.
So, don’t hold back your feelings about your amazing friends and that one special friend. Give them a shout out and express your feelings with one of these awesome quotes on love and friendship.
Best Quotes about Love and Friendship
Here we go…
Quotes about Friends in Love and Friendship
1) “Love is a friendship set to music.” – Joseph Campbell
2) “Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” – William Arthur Ward
3) “The greatest thing in the world is having a boy friend or girl friend who is also your best friend.” – Unknown
4) “Ooh you’re the best friend that I ever had
I’ve been with you such a long time
You’re my sunshine and I want you to know
That my feelings are true
I really love you
Oh you’re my best friend” — Queen
5) “I have been loving you a little more every minute since this morning.” – Victor Hugo
Best Friends Quotes about Love And Friendship
6) “Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.” – Euripides
7) “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
8) “Get not your friends by bare compliments, but by giving them sensible tokens of your love.” – Socrates
9) “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
10) “My life looks perfect just because you are in it.” – Anonymous
Quotes about Friendship Love In One Person
11) “The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?” – Henry David Thoreau
12) “Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” – Jean de la Fontaine
13) “I dreamt we walked together along the shore. We made satisfying small talk and laughed. This morning I found sand in my shoe and a seashell in my pocket. Was I only dreaming?”
― Maya Angelou, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
14) “Your love shines in my heart as the sun that shines upon the earth.” – Eleanor Di Guillo
15) “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” — Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
Best Quotes about Friendship and Love
16) “Friends are relatives you make for yourself.” – Eustache Deschamps
17) “If I have done anything right in my life, it is that I gave my heart to you.” – Anonymous
18) “I’m happiest when you are just next to me” – Anonymous
19) “Love grows by giving. The love we give away is the only love we keep. The only way to retain love is to give it away.” – Elbert Hubbard
20) “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
True Love and Friendship Quotes
21) “Friendship is the purest love.” – Osho, Light on the Path
22) “A true friend is someone who will always love you — the imperfect, the confused, the wrong you — because that is what people are supposed to do.” — R. J. L.
23) “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
24) “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
25) “Even if loving meant leaving, or solitude, or sorrow, love was worth every penny of its price.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Quotes about Friendship to Love
26) “Best friends going into a relationship is not much of a surprise anymore, because most relationships begin as friendships and grow into something more meaningful.” – Unknown
27) “Having a soulmate is not always about love. If you look carefully, you can find your soulmate in a friendship too.” – Unknown
28) “Friendship may, and often does, grow into love, but love never subsides into friendship.” – Lord Byron
29) “Don’t let the moment pass. Don’t let the people you love walk by you without letting them know how you feel about them, because life slips by, then it’s over.” – Louis Litt
30) “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” – Rumi
Friendship with Love Quotes
31) “Sometimes you wish you never met certain people, then you grow and realize that they were a gift in disguise and contributed to making you the person you are.” – Omar Suleiman
32) “The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege.” – Charles Kuralt
33) “Love me or hate me, both are in my favor… If you love me, I’ll always be in your heart… If you hate me, I’ll always be in your mind.” – William Shakespeare
34) “You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.” – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
Love in Friendship Quotes
36) “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard
37) “The best lovers are always the best of friends.” – Unknown
38) “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” – Barbara De Angelis
39) “It takes one person to forgive, it takes two people to be reunited.” – Lewis B. Smedes
40) “Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good times and bad. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” — Ann Landers
Quotes about Love and Friendship
41) “Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
42) “The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends.” – B. R. Ambedkar
43) “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie the Pooh
44) “Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
45) “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” — Hubert Humphrey
Love Quotes on Friendship
46) “Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
47) “You’ll know when a relationship is right for you. It will enhance your life, not complicate your life.” – Brigitte Nicole
48) “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
49) “Love with your heart, not your eyes.” – Drake
50) “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzel
Quotes about Love and Friendship in one person
51) “There would always be one person who could make every moment magical for you. The one who becomes your best friend and lover at the same time.” – Unknown
52) “Dear best friend: just a daily reminder that you are beautiful and I love you.” – Unknown
53) “The most memorable people in life will be the friends who loved you when you weren’t very lovable.” — Aidan Chambers
54) “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss
55) “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
Friendship Quotes about Love
56) “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” – David Tyson Gentry
57) “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” – Zora Neale Hurston
58) “Friendship is one mind in two bodies.” – Mencius
59) “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.” – Helen Keller, The Story of My Life
60) “It was the way you laughed, I knew I wanted that in my life.” – R. M. Drake
Quotes about Friendship in Love
61) “Being in love with each other while being best friends at the same time is the best kind of relationship.” – Unknown
62) “Every friendship travels at sometime through the black valley of despair. This tests every aspect of your affection. You lose the attraction and the magic. Your sense of each other darkens and your presence is sore. If you can come through this time, it can purify with your love, and falsity and need will fall away. It will bring you onto new ground where affection can grow again.” – John O’Donohue
63) “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
64) “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
65) “I will never be perfect for you, but I will always imperfectly try to be.” – Atticus
Friendship Quotes with Love
66) “Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are dead. Do not write them on their tombstones, speak them rather now instead.” – Anna Cummins
67) “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” – Helen Keller, The Story of My Life
68) “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
69) “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” – Robert Brault
70) “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” — Oscar Wilde
Inspirational Quotes about Love and Friendship
71) “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
72) “Friendship is really the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.” – Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
73) “There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one’s self, the very meaning of one’s soul.” – Edith Wharton
74) “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
75) “It is by loving and by being loved that one can come nearest to the soul of another.” – George Mcdonald
Which of these quotes about love and friendship was your favorite?
I’m sure while reading these quotes on love and friendship you must have recalled sweet memories of your awesome friends and that one special beloved friend.
I hope that these quotes about love and friendship will inspire you to cultivate loving friendship and appreciate it in your life.
Out of these quotes, which one would you like to share with your special someone?
Or, which one of these quotes aligns closely with your feelings?
If you have someone in your life worthy of such love, let them know, express your feelings without taking much time..
Did you find these quotes about love and friendship helpful? Which of these love and friendship quotes is your favorite? Do you know more quotes better than these? Please tell us in the comment section.
If you want your significant other to know how much you love them, do share this post with them 🙂